Monday, March 31, 2008

The trip home............

......5 am came early........too early. I loved it here in Italy but I am ready to go home. I miss my family and my kitties. I miss buying a coke for $1.50...it's 3.50 Euro's here...that's almost $5 and it's only a little bottle! It's so expensive there for everything it seems because the dollar is only worth 70 cents and I guess they have to import a lot of things. Our breakfasts and dinners were included but our lunches would cost $20 or more (converted into us dollars).

We had our last breakfast and then everyone got on the bus to the aeroporto...most looked like zombies since they went out and partied the night before only getting 2-3 hours of sleep. Jackie and I went to bed...smart of us huh!

I wasn't impressed with Rome's airport. Not enough seats at the gate. The lines for security were HUGE...only 5 machines for thousands and thousands of people. Those 5 machines were for ALL the gates in the whole airport! Then there was the Italian soldier with the machine gun..............okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........

We touched American soil and everyone clapped.........God Bless America..............we were home. We had one person who lost their bag so it delayed us some. Then on to the bus to go to Baltimore. We prayed the Rosary along the way.....we prayed the rosary, angelis and other prayers on all us bus rides

It was raining and dreary.....it was weird it was kind of sad and happy at the same time..........I stood back as I waited for Melissa's father to pick us up and watched everyone saying goodbye, hugging, etc.....for some reason I just wanted to watch rather than participate....maybe in my heart I didn't want it to end.

Thank you all for reading this blog....God Bless you......................

No comments: