Friday, July 4, 2014

Grand Bahama Island

Early Day and a short day to boot. Todays excursion was to the Garden of Groves. It was beautiful with 4 waterfalls, a labrynth, lots of ponds and beautiful birds and vegetation. We learned about a healing plant/tree, Neem. In fact I bought some insect repellant, tea and a variety of sample products. Bahamians use lots of plants for healing and special purposes. That was a theme on all 3 islands.

I always buy one piece of small art where ever I go. So I bought a piece of art from a local artist. He was selling his matted prints so cheap. I gave him more money than he wanted for it. He said he sold them cheap because he needed to do that to sell them. But I argued that paying for the print, matting it and packaging doesnt  leave him much profit. He was so talented and kind. I hope he sells out all his art.

Our bus driver and tour guide Al was a hoot. I enjoyed his jokes. We had a really nasty lady on the trip. She kept saying he should tell us all this crap so many times. Later when we were at the Garden, a young Asian woman was translating for her mother. The nasty lady told her to be quiet. I wanted to jump over the seat and strangle her. Later I offered to take a photo of the Asian family and I apologized for that womans rudeness. I was so embarrassed about her behavior.

On the way back we went to the Port Lacaya shopping center. We only had a hour so we didn't shop. We decided to eat lunch instead.

Now back to the ship for shopping and dinner at the Steak House with the group from the club.

No comments: