Sunday, April 27, 2014

benvento a Roma

It was long grueling trip. I sat next to a really nice young woman from Stuebenville University who made it go faster.

 After settling in our apartment we walked 10 miles.  We went to Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and visited one of the dopple ganger twin Churches.  Inside the church was a vigil. It was in Italian. Many of the people were standing and singing, holding hands and even dancing in circles at one point. They were in front of the altar on which stood a Monstrance. It was very moving. It brought me to tears. Even though I didn't understand the language, I understood the love for God. I prayed for the intentions on my 2 page prayer list.

When we got to the Trevi Fountain it was packed..I tossed in a coin for me. And recalling in my mind the entire Iori Family including those who passed like my grandparents and Dad , I tossed another coin in.

We ate dinner at  Taverno Lino. I had a wonderful plate of Alle Vongole and tiramasu for dessert.  When we got home we were beat. Lights out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good so far!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you.