Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pasqua Felice


....or Happy Easter Italian Style! This is a picture of my Mom and Dad at their wedding...Theresa (nee Schmidt) and Joseph Yori (nuns at St. Leo's changed the spelling from Iori to Yori and it stuck). I wish Dad could go...long story but I will also be taking him with me in spirit. He will live his dream of going to Italy out through my pictures and experiences.


I cannot BELIEVE tomorrow evening I will be on a plane to Rome. It's like a dream. I woke up this morning at the crack of dawn just thinking about it. Then I realized it is Easter and how thankful I am that God sent his only Son to save me from my sins. And a flood of emotions came over me as I thought about the significance of this trip during this holy time of year. This morning at Mass I will have much to be thankful for. I am also thankful for all my friends and family who are going with me virtually on this journey. God Bless you.

No comments: