Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday thoughts

From Wikipedia:
Friday (pronunciation IPA: /ˈfraɪdeɪ, ˈfraɪdi/) is the day of the week falling between Thursday and Saturday. It is the sixth day in countries that adopt a Sunday-first convention. In ISO 8601, in work-based customs, and in countries adopting Monday-first conventions, it is the fifth day of the week. (See Days of the week for more on the different conventions.)

In most countries with a five-day work week, Friday is the last workday before the weekend and is, therefore, viewed as a cause for celebration or relief. In some offices, employees are allowed to wear less formal attire on Fridays, known as Casual Friday or Dress-Down Friday. In Saudi Arabia & Iran, however, Friday is the last day of the weekend and Saturday is the first workday. Moreover, in some countries, Friday is the first day of the weekend, and Sunday is the first workday.

The name Friday comes from the Old English frigedæg, meaning the day of Frige the Anglo-Saxon form of Frigg, a West Germanic translation of Latin dies Veneris, "day (of the planet) Venus."

My Thoughts About Friday..........................

I like Fridays mostly.
Every second Friday is my china painting club meeting.
I don't like rainy Fridays.
I don't like Fridays with husbands passing kidney stones.
I like to hear crickets on Friday nights (well actually any night would be good).
I don't like getting telephone solicitations on Friday nights.
I like Good Friday, Black Friday and Casual Fridays (although every day is casual day where I work).

No comments: