Sunday, May 4, 2008

San Juan Puerto Rico Today

We were supposed to be in San Juan at 2:15 pm but because of the high winds & current it will likely be 3:15. Three tours were cancelled. Not ours because it was a walking tour that can be readjusted.

The winds are incredible. I tried to walk the track today on the top deck. I made it about 15 minutes before giving up. The wind was so strong at some points it felt like a hand was holding you back. But the skies are beuatiful. No rain. Really hot. It's a little after 1 pm so at some point I need to get over to our deck to watch us pull in San Juan Harbor. That's' the nice thing about a balcony room. You don't want to worry about finding a spot for viewing.

Anyway, we played bingo today. I got close but no cigar! :( Can't wait to shop on San Juan. They say shopping is good there.

Yesterday, can't remember if I told you, we didn't go to the formal dining room but ate at the buffet. I personally like controlling my food better. But I think he wants to eat at the dining room next time.

Oh I ran into Doreen..can't remember her last name. I used to work with her when I was in high school at Shop & Rob (I mean Shop & Save). Reeney we used to call her. There's also a teen on this trip that looks strikingly like one of the girls in youth group......maybe I'll run into her again.

Yesterday Glenn & I went to play trivia. We didn't win. Another couple asked us to join us. DOn't know why he wanted us to join them. They were great by themselves.

And I went do arts and crafts yesterday. Oil pastels on a coloring page. It wasn't enough time for me to do what I think was a good job. I will work on it when I get home. (over acheiver that I am)

Well gotta go back to the room and find the DH. See you tomarrow for the next chapter in Joann Does the Caribbean.

No comments: