Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Last Day

Well it’s the last cruising day. It’s been such a nice relaxing trip. In some ways I want to stay floating on this ship but then again I have responsibilities and I miss my family and pets.

We played bingo 2 times today. Didn’t win either one. The last jackpot was for $8,500 and only one lady one it! Man!

Our last dinner was special. Gilbert our waiter from the Phillipines had made me a Phillipino dish Abado Chicken. It was good but very salty. I had asked him why every other nation seemed to be represented on the menu but his native land! That was very nice of him to do that. He evidentally used to own a restaurant in the Phillipines until the government decided to put a steel mill where his building was! He is married with 4 children. I can’t imagine how hard it is to be away from them 6-8 months a year. But he’s hoping for a visa where he can work in the US. I hope he gets it. He’s very hardworking. I know he will do well.

I’m going to miss our steward, Roberta too. She’s so nice. We’ve had towel monkeys, sting rays, elephants, bunnies, you name it.

Gambled the rest of my money and lost. Didn’t go to the last show. It was some comedian/juggler. I was just too darn tired for that.

So now it’s the last day….and we just went under the Key Bridge and are preparing to dock. I can close my eyes now, click my heels and say, “There’s NO place like home,” Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: