Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Around the House...

....so no trips in the very near future. The next one is October to Savannah Georgia for a Red Hat Hoots, Haunts & Hats convention. And then the next in February to the Keys in Florida.

But for now, it's work around the house. New carpet is forthcoming upstairs...we did the first floor last year. I hate replacing carpet. It's like moving, packing up and moving stuff and then putting it all back.

And that raised brick fishpond has got to go. I'm so tired of the expense and work to keep it up. I've had it for gosh maybe 10 or 15 years. Now it's going to be a raised planter. It's so big to fill up so I've been raking up yard debris, using my compost from the pile, whatever and then I'll put good soil in it. Although the compost is probably good soil.....anyway...more work but the rains have been hampering it. Today we had a Jim Dandy of a STORM! I was napping (it's great to be retired)...when it came through, loud, strong winds, scared the crap out of me. All the windows were opened so the rain just poured in.

Well here comes another storm so maybe I'd better put this laptop away!

No comments: