Friday, May 2, 2014

Back to the Eternal City

Ciao Fiuggi. A piece of my heart remains. But life moves on and I need to make my way back to my family and fur baby.

But before I go back I had one more day in Rome. After checking in to Nerva Accomodation, we hurried over to the Vatican for our guided tour of the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. The guide we had this time was much better than the one we had in 2008.  I really enjoyed her. Jay had never been to either place so it was good that I managed to get the tour in spite of the millions of people here.

We got to see lot more than the last time but I still have not seen the whole thing. I would have to spend days.

Afterwards we tried to get in St Peters but the line was  long so we hoped a taxi back to Nervo.  Then Jackie and I went for gelati and shopping. On our journey we stopped by St Mary Major and I stopped to pray at the reliquary of the wood of the Holy Crib of Christ for my prayer list intentions. Then we stopped in the church store for a few things.

Now its back to our rooms until we leave tomorrow.

What a week. It has been an incredible journey for my soul and for my roots...I won't say goodbye because I will return one day. Rome and Fiuggi will always be a part of me and I of them .  Thanks for coming on this journey with me.

No comments: